Thursday, July 8, 2010

Write When You Have Something to Say; Query About 'Heaved'

I've officially been back from my trip for about two weeks now, so the laundry is caught up and the suitcases are put away.

While on the trip, I met with a friend who passed along some words of wisdom and I'm including them here for posterity:

"Write when you have something to say, Crystal."

Keeping a blog can be an enjoying challenge, but at times, I've got to prioritize my book or the article I'm working on.

So no more weekly schedule (Monday book reviews, etc.)  Instead, I'm applying this new policy.

I'll end todays post with a query about the word 'heaved'.

Two writers in my writing circle think I'm misusing it.  I think the word I really want is lug but I ask you, have you ever heaved (as in dragged) something heavy?

1 comment:

  1. I usually relate heave to 'throw' something away from the actor of the verb -- heave the man overboard, heave my backpack onto the bed, etc...

    ReplyDelete