Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In which "-ed" words are rhymed

Blank page.

Blank page.

Blank page.

Okay, enough of that. Astrid and Veronika got slammed last night in the book club. There are faults in the book, for sure, (one reader gave up soon after reading this sentence: "I married death") but there were elements of this book that spoke to me. I think that the author did a tremendous job of creating and sustaining a grief-heavy tone that was latent with possibility.

At the last minute, I realized that I needed to write a one page synopsis of my book to include in my PCCWW application. Ay yi yi. Got it done. Sent it off. Holding my breath.

Let's try a little poetry.

My very good friend
Kira, not Ted,
has been sick
Lying in bed.

"It sucks," she said.
She was misled.
"Hit me right
Smack in the head."

No comments:

Post a Comment