Monday, May 3, 2010

Choices / Feelin' Alright

The blessings of the Internet have showered down on me in the last week. In fact, I'm overwhelmed. You might even say drowning. Have you also tried a quick search on the web only to find yourself mired in the details of how to build a clock when you just wanted the time? Let's see, what time zone do you want, and is there daylight savings, and what time format would you like to see it in? Is it physical, Greenwich time or metaphysical, only-in-your-head time?

One of the blessings has been re-connecting with one of my best friends. It's incredible to see her words, and then later to her her voice on the phone. She said that I sounded the same, but I thought she sounded older, more mature. "In my head, I still sound and feel the same as I did 20 years ago," she laughed. Ah, yes, the mind likes to think that it is the only part of the body doesn't age.

On the other hand, this morning I heard a song on the radio that contained the word 'wine' in the lyric. I keep a list of songs with the word wine in them - 129 as of today - and the playlist grows in spurts. After checking the logs of the two radio stations I swear I was listening to during my car ride, I've come up with a goose egg. I only remember vague lines from the lyrics - a man singing about how you'll be my baby and I'll be your lover - and it was a bluesy-rock sound. Typing in the search box 'lyrics lover baby' and you might as well be typing in Pamela Lee Anderson or President Obama. There are thousands of choices and the result is only vexation.

Luckily, my friend and I are reuniting in the next month. I settled for downloading Joe Cocker's Feelin' Alright from iTunes. That works too, even without the word wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment