Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do You Enter Online Contests?

I stayed up until midnight last night entering all sorts of online contests. The Trump thing, the Starbucks one, the World Market event and then a whole host of them from BHG.com and Parents.com (same owner.)

Surfing these sites have led me to think about online writing contests. They may be my only hope to reach my goal of ONE paid writing piece this year. Yikes! it's May already, and there are no leads in sight. Does the 25-word paragraph about what makes my mom special, in which I won a trio of body butter from MOR Cosmetics, count towards my goal?



Perhaps it's time to run my own contest - at least to drum up interest in my site.  Here's what I'd like to know:
1)  What sites / blogs to do you follow?
2)  Why?
3)  What would you like to win?  (Hint: wine?)
4)  Optional - would would you be willing to do to win?

I promise not to do one of those 'enter daily' contests.  I also promise to keep it simple.  I love you Maggie Stiefvater, and here's the link to your trailer for Linger, but I can't figure out if I'm eligible to win or not!  Who am I to judge though?  She's published and I am not.

Send me your thoughts and I'll plan on something in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment