Friday, May 7, 2010

Jazzed Up and Nowhere to Jive / Beast of Burden

Vacation is looming but I already feel ready to head out on the road tomorrow. I don't know if I can wait another two weeks. I'm pretty sure my daughter can't. She's keeping pretty close tabs on the suitcase, big enough for her to curl up in, that's lounging around in the corner of our bedroom. My books are already lined up including Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! You know I love all things Austen.

Also, I ordered a book on hiking with dogs since we'll be pet-sitting during our trip. Best Hikes With Dogs in Western Washington The dog is psychotic, I believe, so I had to laugh when Beast Of Burden by the Stones just came on the radio. How apropos! Turns out I didn't actually own that song until just a few minutes ago. Love, love, love (that's love cubed) the Internet.

Beast of Burden is also apropos of the book project I'm working on. The hero, despite all of his success (don't want to give away too much) just can't seem to get in good with the heroine. This may be his anthem. I don't always understand the music-writing connection, but it's real. I can't carry a tune or play an instrument but I know that listening to music pushes the turbo button on the creative fiction blender (let's even call it a Vitamix) in my brain. I'm all jazzed up!

TGIF and Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms.

(P.S. Thanks to everyone who wrote or called or caught me to say that the appreciated my piece on having another baby and post-partum depression. It was through the grace of friends like you that those days are long forgotten!)

No comments:

Post a Comment